Translate

Friday, August 14, 2015

KDrama Review: Flower Boy Ramen Shop: I Hated It ***Semi Spoilers***

First of all let me just apologize for this title that doesn’t have any kind of witty connection to the title of the drama. I couldn’t think of anything nor did I really want to.
I know we all have that one show that we thought was just god awful. It had no perks, and you only finished it because you felt obligated to because you started it. That’s how this drama was for me. It was poorly written. I don’t know what the dialogue was, nor do I know what that horrible plot was, but let me stop being biased and throwing my opinions at you. I’m going to give you a chance to figure out if it’s worth watching on your own. ***READ THE BOTTOM***

This drama starred Jung II Woo; he played Cha Chi Soo, Lee Chung Ah; who plays Yang Eun Bi, Lee Ki Woo; who starred as Choi Gang Hyuk and Park Min Woo who is Kim Ba Eul (he was also in Modern Farmers.)
The plot of this drama… okay, Yang Eun Bi, leaves her father's Ramen shop to pursue her dreams of being a high school teacher—actually let me back track. Cha Chi Soo is this rich boy, essentially his father is very wealthy, making him so. He comes back to Korea from New York, without his father knowing, his father didn’t want him to be in Korea and upon hearing the news of his son’s return he sets out his people to find him to send him back to America. Cha Chi Soo pleads with father to let him go to school in Korea instead and his father complies.
Yang Eun Bi is this senior in college who wants to be, basically a gym teacher (I don’t know anyone who wants that) anyway, she only does this because she thinks it’s an easy job essentially.
Let me just stop and say this drama is based on this one fortune she got from this woman who tells her she’ll meet the love of her life with ringing bells or something like that. BOOM she meets Cha Chi Soo with ringing bells, but… only because he was running away from his father’s security and ran into her bathroom stall? Yeah… he ran into her bathroom stall… thankfully Yan Eun Bi has a boyfriend who
is in the military and he’s coming back the next day, no worries.
So she goes to meet him and he’s not there.. he left with another woman. Come up with your own conclusion. Blah blah blah. Her father ____ (this would be a spoiler so I left it blank), she sucks at her high school job she starts to work at the Ramen shop. She embarrassed herself in front of Cha Chi Soo who she has feelings for out of nowhere… overall her character was very childish, especially for someone who was supposedly a senior in college. Did I mention that she was a senior in college and he was like.. a junior.. or something in high school... that's a little weird. (But that's just me.)
She then meets this other man who knows her father and he starts to fall for her. THIS DRAMA AS YOU CAN SEE IS A GOD DAMN MESS.

You’re probably wondering where Park Min Woo comes in in all of this, and why it’s called Flower Boy Ramen shop. Park Min Woo has another story of his own in this drama. If you want to know what it is, I say go and watch it.
Trying to give the plot of this drama was ridiculous in itself because the plot was so messy you really couldn’t put it in like 5 sentences. There was this part about volleyball that seemed to come out of the blue as well, I don’t even know how they managed to connect it. Also there was another character who I don’t really consider important, but he was in it. He was running from debt collectors all the god damn time. There were so many background stories that it was hard to focus on the plot. It was like, they knew the plot was bad so they just threw all this other shit in there to distract you from it. It was okay, I couldn’t follow it anyway so, if anything it made it better?
They also talked about poop a lot in this drama, like it was the topic in a lot of scenes. I didn’t even
understand it.
I guess the pros of this drama was the small plot twist where you find out two people are actually related, like WHOA DIDN’T SEE IT COMING and the ending was garbage. Okay that was harsh, but I did like it because it wasn’t a happy ending. It was kind of like real life almost. Granted she got the guy she wanted, but they went through a lot of shit, I mean the stuff they went through isn’t realistic (well maybe where I’m from it isn’t’?) but I mean they still had a lot of hoops to jump through to get to where they kind of wanted to be and there was still more to go. 

So in that aspect it was good, but that small ending, and the plot twist could NOT make up for the rest of that horrible drama. This drama had so much potential. 
I give this drama 1 G-Dragon head out of 5. I have to say, I really hated it.

Watch Flower Boy Ramen Shop on DramaFever >>>>> Flower Boy Ramen Shop


If you really liked this drama please don’t feel offended by my OPINION. It’s not fact. If you liked it please tell me why, because I’d love to hear from someone who enjoyed it. Honestly I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment