Translate

Friday, July 31, 2015

KDrama Review: Kill Me, Heal Me: "Considered Me Healed"

I’m sure you’re all tired of me writing reviews where I give the dramas really horrible reviews. Sometimes though writing those kind of reviews are easy, because when writing about something I really like, my thoughts get all cluttered because I can’t help but think of all the things I liked about it.

Kill Me, Heal Me was an amazing drama let me just start off by saying that. I really liked this drama. It starred Ji Sung, Hwang Jung Eun, Park Seo Joon, and Kim Yoo Ri. I didn’t know Ji Sung before

this drama and I’m so glad that I watched it because WOW was he amazing.The whole plot was about Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung) who had DID which is Dissociative Identity Disorder. He had seven, yes, 7 different personalities. I want to tell you all of them, but I feel like it would give so much away, so I won’t. If you really want to know go and look it up, that way you can’t say it wasn't me who gave you all the spoilers. You did it to yourself! For shame! All these personalities were created due to a childhood trauma and the need to save the person he loved the most. Yes it sounds a little corny, but trust me it’s not. He is the chaebol to this company that his grandmother is currently running. No one in his family knows of his condition; they wouldn’t want anyone to find and they would remove him from the company if they knew. So he keeps it all a secret as he is forced to run the company; he really doesn’t want to, he just wants to get better. In order to help himself further he requests an onset doctor. Oh Ri Jin decides to be that doctor and with the help of her and her adorable brother he figures out and remembers his childhood trauma and overcomes all of the personalities.
OH SNAP PLOT TWIST, she’s connected to his past. It gets so intense. I mean really intense. Okay, let’s see cons of this drama. They made Ji Sung cry a lot! Like, there was so much crying. I mean things were pretty damn emotional, but he cried a lot, too much. I can’t think of other cons, it’s probably because I’m so biased. Hold on let me look at this objectively. I liked everything about this drama except the ending honestly. I really didn’t like the ending, and it’s not for a reason like You’re Beautiful. I’ll get to that in a bit, and don’t worry I won’t give any spoilers. Promise. I think something that bothered me about this drama, was the story of his first love and his cousin, she was a wishy washy character and you didn’t get to his cousin a lot. I think because they showed bits and pieces of their “personal” story I wanted more even though the show wasn’t supposed to be about them. I wanted to see more of the struggles they were going through as a couple because I know they were. Also the ending where he talks to her (you’ll know what I’m talking about if you watch it or have seen it) you don’t really get much of a reaction from her. She just walks down some goddamn stairs, like he just told you some real shit, you walk down some stairs. They don’t talk

about her after that. 
I think that was it honestly, everything else I pretty much liked (excluding the ending), the acting was pretty on point. The plot was really good too, I know for a little while it was compared to Hyde, Jekyll and Me, but it wasn’t even close. The plots were different, the trauma was different and the characters were totally different. I guess they mean in terms of being a show about DID and their main character being in charge of a large company, but I mean I didn’t think it was the same at all. Okay, now on to this horrible ending. I’m going to try my best to tell you without any spoilers. It’s going to be hard so… bear with me here. The ending didn’t sum up everything well at all that was my biggest problem with this drama. If they gave it at least one more episode I think I would have given it a perfect score. Sometimes the ending really matters, I say that in this case it was half and half. It was great, but the ending if better would have made it perfect.
The ending didn’t sum up the things that were going on with his mother, nor his cousin and uncle. If you watch it you’ll know they were, well the uncle more so was a scumbag. At one point he was on the phone and they were asking him when he was coming back to Korea… but he was in Korea the whole time. I’m just saying if you run that large a corporation where you can kidnap people you should be able to find your son. Also Oh Ri Jin’s parents were still calling him Perry Park. Which isn’t his name. So I just wanted to know if they ever told the parents about anything that was going on. It was small things, and it might seem like I’m nitpicking, but they could have easily done some of that one more episode and BANG perfect, but they left us hanging with some small minor details. It’s okay though. It really is. If you’re looking for a melodrama that keeps you on the edge of your seat and clicking next before the small timer with the seconds run out watch Kill Me, Heal Me. There are a lot of plot twist and the plot twist are always jaw dropping.
Even when he cries, it's hot... 
I give this drama 4.7 G-Dragon heads out of 5 the .3 points were that missing episode. As you can see it’s relevant, but not really. After all the other not so good dramas this one really just… helped me keep the faith, so… consider me healed. 


Check out this drama on DramaFever!!! >>>>>Kill Me, Heal Me

No comments:

Post a Comment