Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I Can't Speak Korean But

MAN if I could speak Korean! That would be hella nice. I would always sing in Korean, and on top of that I would know what the hell I was saying. Wouldn't that be grand? I guess depending on who you're talking to it would be amazing. I can't speak Korean, but I'd love to learn. I'm in the midst of learning Japanese, and if anything I'd have to learn Korean on my own time. I already have a hard time learning Japanese, trying to add Korean on top of that, I would probably be dead. Watching so many Korean dramas has already made me stumbled when speaking Japanese. For example, I was trying to tell my friend how to say coffee in Japanese and ended up telling her it in Korean because they sound the same. I don't know what my life is anymore. 
OPPA!! OPPA!! How great would it be to NOT sounds like a koreaboo as you said that. A koreaboo is like a weeaboo except they like Korean stuff and not Japanese stuff. Why wouldn't you sound like that? Because you could be like "I'm learning Korean! So technically I can!" 

There was something that I heard floating around the kpop community one day, it was something along the lines of: "Korean men, don't like when foreign women call them oppa." I'd like to know why. Not because it bothers me, but I'd like to know why they feel this way, if they feel this way. 
My name is Jon Snow and I know nothing it seems. 
I can't speak Korean, but if I could I would probably have no one to speak it with, so.. in the end I'd end up not remembering it... and not knowing Korean anymore. 
If you're reading this and you know Korean, want to teach me? I won't pay you with money, but I'll pay you with sincere gratitude and hard work, just know your efforts will indeed pay off. 

If I could speak Korean I'm not sure I would, I saying this with idea that I'm American and I have learned it. I'm pretty sure it would sound like a choppy mess. No offense, but the lettering itself has a bunch of consonants next to each other. Sometimes just looking at it makes me supper confused. 
For example. You see that picture over there. How on earth would I pronounce  that? Like, it has two k's next to each other. "mkkur" Please give me a pronunciation. That's all I ask. I know this sounds like a bunch of backhanded compliments, so if I offend, I really am sorry. I'm just.. aggressively curious... if that's even a thing.
I would be able to watch dramas without having to sit there and read subtitles. That would be the life. I could leave it on and go cook food and not have to pause it because I would be able to understand. That would be great. I can't speak Korean but... I can sure as hell try. 

Trying to teach yourself Korean? This is where I got the pictures from, they are very helpful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment