Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

But What Do I Know About Korean Makeup

I just want everyone reading this to know, even though I wear make up... As you can see in the following pictures. I know nothing about it. 



 Koreans are really into healthy skin and flawless skin. Something all people aspire to have, some obtain it, others do not. I'm one of those who don't... sadly. The medications, and the treatments for some reason just don't work on my skin, but you know what does work on my skin? MAKE UP. This brown person you see with flawless skin in an illusion. So if you see me on the street, don't expect me to look like this unless I have make up on. Acne kills one's face. I've had acne since elementary school and I'm in college. Even my dermatologist was like "Shit you didn't grow out of this yet?" 

I'm just saying if your dermatologist is saying this, obviously you're quite fucked. At this point all he can do is prescribe me every single drug until it goes away and never shows up again. Which I doubt will happen, but it's okay. I have make up. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like my natural face, I often go around without all this caked on, but sometimes it's just, some times I feel like being EXTRA pretty today. You know like, let me doll myself up. This summer I'm trying this lemon juice treatment to get rid of my marks so I'll see where that takes me. Probably right back to the drawing board, but it's okay. On the bright side if someone recommends me that I can say I've tried it and it didn't work! 
But anyway, enough about me. 

Koreans have really nice night time face treatment regiments I wish I wasn't lazy so I could be on their level, but... I'm lazy and I know on the third day I'll get tired and stop, that or run out of facial mask and not buy anymore. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this video out. I'll put it below. 
 Do you see all the steps that go into this? I go to bed late by late I mean the next day. If I did this I'd feel the need to go to sleep right after I did it. Well, maybe that would help with my acne, I heard good sleep helps with that, but you know I'm impatient so if I don't see results in a week I start to believe it's not really working and I stop. Horrible habit, but you know the first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one! Anyway on top of that they also have a nice daily facial regiment too. I wish I had the patience to do this. Dear karma god, if I'm reborn as a human may I please be reborn with some sort of patience, that or just no acne? That work? 

Onward to the make up! After you clean your face and put your daily moisturizer on it, that's when you normally start you nice make up routine whatever that is. Right now a big trend in Korea is little make up and bright lips. No matter the color is seems, but it's often pink or red, something along those lines. The lip is a gradient lip. It's when you put lots of lip color on the middle of the lip and let it gradually come out, but you also make the lip look smaller by put concealer around the lip.  
As you can see a lot of the color is in the middle of the lip while the res of the lip is the skins natural color. Some other trends along with this one are cushion foundations, and using mineral and sparkling water facial cleanser. A lot of the make up like I said before is just really natural to no make up, this also goes for eyes too not just face. So they don't use a really bright eye shadow, and when they do, it's not a really light color. This brings me to another trend, pastels, like if make up is being "heavily" worn they will use pastel blush and such so it can't be see too much because remember, "natural" look.
But I mean, what do I know about Korean make up?

No comments:

Post a Comment