Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

If I Was Korean I Would

"WOW FANTASTIC BABY" 
What the hell was I listening to, my friend had sat me down at a computer to watch something called Korean Pop. At the time was really into metal and punk music this obviously wasn't my scene. I didn't do pop music, no matter what language it was. I wasn't feeling it so I quickly paused it. He looked at me and I explained I didn't like it, how trashy it was, how "Boom Shakalaka" wasn't even a real phrase. I wanted lyrics with heart, with feeling not mainstream garbage from another country. Although I did dig some of their hair colors. Stumped, he assumed I wanted something with an edgy feel so he turned to Girls' Generation "Run Devil Run" ha, yeah, super edgy. Okay I lied, it wasn't even a little edgy. I was going around listing to Memphis Mayfire, Black Veil Brides, August Burns Red, Asking Alexandria and so on and he thought this was edgy. He couldn't be any more incorrect. I got up and left. 

That's how I got into kpop. Okay well I obviously wan't into it.. but don't worry I do... OBVIOUSLY.

"HER WHISPER IS THE LUCIFER"
What the hell was I now watching. My friend from band had explained that he wished he could dance like the guys in SHINee. Whoever they were, one more Korean pop group I didn't care about, but I had to admit... they had some serious dancing skills.
That night I had gone home and watched he video again. No these guys were freaking amazing, of course I was disregarding the whole Taemin had hair extensions in. YouTube with all their recommended videos led me to more. "Ring Ding Dong" and "Hello" they were cute, but they were no match to my Black Veil Brides. Slowly one video became two which became three, and soon I was on a whole new group. B1A4. I didn't even understand their name, it made no sense, but they took me on a whole new journey, with their song, "O.K" and "Beautiful Target."
  Beautiful Target was the song that really got me. Their quirky behavior and their cute dancing, especially the way they said rocket. At the time I couldn't really explain my fascination. From there, it was back to the notorious BIGBANG. 

By the time I watched another BIGBANG video I had completely forgotten my first encounter with them. I was now a graduating senior in high school and most of this I thought was in the past. All the cute Kpop stuff. Boy was I wrong. Every once in a while I would listen to the B1A4 videos, but I didn't like them enough to illegally download the song onto my iPod. Under the videos that were recommended for me was BAD BOY by BIGBANG.  Their style was so different from B1A4, granted they were cute, but they reminded me of western music in another language. Their style was something that resembled my own and they were singing what...? R&B? I could fuck with this. The singing was amazing and their hair colors were outrageous. I fell in love. The guy with the blue hair,-who I later found out was T.O.P-- had deep alluring voice. It was strangely soothing and so was this song. It was also pretty damn catchy. But what was this? In the videos off to the side was something that looked oddly familiar, I clicked it. The beginning was vaguely familiar. I've seen this before. "WOW FANTASTIC BABY"  
Are you shitting me it was that song again? That song that I had shut down from the moment I heard it. This song was sung, by these beautiful guys who sung BAD BOY? No freaking way. There was no way. But it was true. Soon just like B1A4 one song became two, which became three and so on and so forth, but only this was worse. I had to know who they were. I had to know their names. Who was the one with the icy blue hair, and who was the one with the pink hair. I had to know these guys. What was kpop?
If I was Korean I would definitely be a sasaeng fan.



Fantastic Baby by Big Bang

Lucifer by SHINee

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete